Sunday, January 4, 2009

Driving Through Slush

Have you ever had one of those days when it seems like everything and everyone is falling apart around you, and all you can really do is to just barely hold everything up and together? When you go through the day with dozens of things to do, but a couple of things are just on your mind so much that you simply can't concentrate on anything else? But due to certain circumstances, those things you just can't work out for the life of you. It's like driving through slush-your tires get some traction, you seem to be making progress, until you hit a hill and simply can't go any further, or even start rolling backwards.

So yes, this is about a girl, one I love dearly, and one who is having a bad day. I just felt like posting this because I had things to rant about, and I've decided that people may as well be able to see my rants, as ranting in my head doesn't seem particularily productive. Some days I just wish that she could see that me not getting mad at her is just... something I do. I don't see anything wrong with what she does, so I don't get mad at her, it's as simple as that. If I were to get mad at her everytime she had a mood, what sort of person would I be? Certainly not who I am and claim to be. So, my point in this post is, I suppose, to just express my frustration with needing to show that I'm upset in order to let people know that I care. I don't think I should need to get angry or frustrated with the things people do in order to let them know that I care. Isn't it still caring if you try to understand, to listen, to console instead of to berate, to yell, to criticize? Just my little rant of the day.

1 comment: